Every hospital system struggles with a shortage of intensivists to provide care in ICU. Searching for intensivists can be a daunting task and most hospitals opt standard comprehensive care service model where they train the physicians, advanced practice providers and other nursing partners to take care of ICU patients. Reasonable expansion and implementation of tele-ICU in healthcare has brought a remarkable change in the hospitals in the urban sector. Tertiary care ICUs have improved the ICU services in remote hospitals. Thus striving for better care and services.
Tele ICU is offsite critical care provided by connecting with patients in distinct ICUs where the health data can be transferred by real-time audio-visual means. The telemedicine ICUs program entails command centres with intensivists who electronically aid intern clinicians. Various benefits of tele-ICUs include:
- Quick remote monitoring of patients
- Expansion of smaller facilities
- Existing tele-ICU expansion and launch of novel programs
- Expertise in continuous communication and clinical outcomes
- Transformed critical care delivery across healthcare systems
With the progress of Telemedicine in the recent years, a wide range of models have come into existence such as Tele-ICU with remote patient monitoring and intensivist-led consultation via teleconference with clinicians. Tele-ICU implementation has rejuvenated the workflow.
Tele-cardiology is a modern medical practice that powers telecommunications to achieve remote diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. This enables special care to be accessed by people from remote locations. Advancement in technology has made it easier to set up wireless satellite networks which increase efficiency and ease.
MedPiper Technologies and JournoMed are conducting a Webinar series on “Digital Transformation in Healthcare” in association with IRIA Kerala, Hospex, Indian Junior Doctors Network, ISA Thrissur City Branch, IMA Thrissur and Instaclinik. The fourth webinar in the series will talk about Exploring and implementing Tele ICU in hospitals and Tele-Cardiology – Modern Medical Approach. The event will be held on 25th August 2022, Wednesday at 9.00 pm. Participants can register here and they will receive e-certificates. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar. For more details contact you can contact Soumya at email@example.com / 9080078447
- Dr Ramesh Babu Pothineni, Cardiologist, Managing Director, Aster Ramesh Hospital
- Dr Dharanidhara Motru, MBBS, MD, D.M ( Critical care medicine ) Consultant Critical care, Aster Ramesh Hospital, Expert TELE ICU / TELE ER Programme
- Introduction to Tele ICU and how it works?
- How Tele ICU can provide critical care to millions in India?
- How can Tele- ICU be beneficial to hospitals?
- Tele-ICU- an Amalgamation of Healthcare and technology?
- Telecardiography- a future for cardiac care