The Future of Cybersecurity in Healthcare
Cybersecurity should be a top priority in every organization. With the advanced technological impact, there are emerging cyber threat attacks in almost all industries including healthcare. The risks surrounding cybersecurity increases as the future of healthcare continues to shape. Organizations must start to pay more attention to data privacy, security, safety and protection. Steps must be taken to modernize the data protection standards. Due to the cyber security attacks, most companies lose their data or the data gets hacked and the scariest part of healthcare breaches is that the company risks its reputation and suffers financial loss. So, cybersecurity is essential to avoid such situations.
Cybersecurity is one of the most prominent critical aspects in the healthcare industry as it protects valuable insights of patients’ information, healthcare information etc. Key areas where healthcare industries need to concentrate are:
- Having a designated security team
- Being aware of accidental and malicious insider threats
- Ensuring medical device security
- How to deal with more number of ransomware attacks
- Application of digital healthcare platforms to enhance workflow
- Application of remote patient monitoring devices
- Identifying inefficient professionals in the team
MedPiper Technologies and JournoMed are conducting a Webinar series on “Digital Transformation in Healthcare” in association with IRIA Kerala, Hospex, Indian Junior Doctors Network, ISA Thrissur City Branch, IMA Thrissur and Instaclinik. The third webinar in the series will talk about the necessity of Cybersecurity in healthcare. The event will be held on 24th August 2022, Wednesday at 9.00 pm. Participants can register here and they will receive e-certificates. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar. For more details contact you can contact Soumya at firstname.lastname@example.org / 9080078447
- Mr Amit Dubey – National Security Expert, Crime Investigator, Cyber Forensics, Head Red Teaming – Tech Mahindra
- Why information security so important in healthcare?
- What a doctor should know about the dark web?
- Strategies for cybersecurity in healthcare
- Protected health information (PHI) and the importance of PHI
- The role of cybersecurity in hospitals and the healthcare sector etc.