Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), also known as a polycystic ovarian syndrome, is a common health problem caused by an imbalance of reproductive hormones. The hormonal imbalance creates problems in the ovaries. Some of the common symptoms include an irregular menstrual cycle, too much hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair, acne, thinning hair, etc.
PCOS is one of the most critical, under-diagnosed, misdiagnosed, and neglected areas of health. There is a huge health disparity when it comes to PCOS diagnosis and support. The latest research confirms that at least 26% of women in India suffer from PCOS.
The annual summit is a 2-Day Virtual Conference being organised with a mission to:
- Increase awareness of, & education about, PCOS among the general public, menstruators & healthcare professionals.
- Improve diagnosis and treatment of the disorder.
- Improve the quality of life and outcomes for people with PCOS.
- Promote the need for further research, improved treatment & care options,
- Acknowledge the struggles affecting all women and girls afflicted with PCOS.
- Urge medical researchers and healthcare professionals to advance their understanding of PCOS to research, diagnose, and provide assistance to menstruators with PCOS.
The event, which has been curated by PCOS Club India founder Ms. Nidhi Singh, will feature more than 30 speakers who will conduct sessions on PCOS, based on the latest research and innovations. The event will also include live PCOS-friendly Cooking Sessions, Dance therapies & PCOS Workouts, Saturday night Game night, Chance to win some exciting Discount coupons, Prizes & Gift Hampers by PCOS product brands.
The summit welcomes anyone who has PCOS; health practitioners who are helping people with PCOS with their treatments, clinical researchers who are looking to understand the latest research on PCOS, local/ regional communities that are disseminating information about PCOS, or individuals/ institutions who want to increase their awareness about PCOS. Attendees can register for the event here to attend the 2-Day Virtual Conference scheduled for 18-19 September at 10:30 AM (IST) onwards. For all who register, recordings will be available for an unlimited time period.