“Know Dementia, Know Alzheimer’s” is the campaign theme for World Alzheimer’s awareness month 2022 and Sep 21st as World Alzheimer’s Day. This year’s theme has focused on post-diagnosis support.
Alzheimer’s or brain awareness month commences in September which gained its significance as people discuss Alzheimer’s disease spread and other kinds of dementia among people. There was a great historical significance to Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month. President Ronald Regan was the first to initiate and observe the significance of Alzheimer’s awareness month in the year 1983. Awareness was created regarding Alzheimer’s disease, which involves the recognition of the illness and the preliminary care required by the individuals who are suffering from it.
This month, Alzheimer’s Association encourages people globally to support the movement by provoking them to go purple and training them to fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
How does one observe Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month?
- Any individual can donate time and money to any Alzheimer’s organization online or by dedicating their valuable time by working as a professional volunteer in that organization.
- Alzheimer’s association recommend that people opt for purple and join the social media campaign.
- An initiative must be taken to participate in public events or seminars to spread awareness of Alzheimer’s month.
Importance of Alzheimer’s and Brain’s Awareness Month
- Spreading the word regarding Alzheimer’s and Dementia can motivate people more about the disease.
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month propels its way to finding the cure for Alzheimer’s disease. This involves teamwork efficiency.
- Alzheimer’s and Brain’s Awareness Month is especially for elders who try to withdraw from family and society. This month reminds them that they are special and promotes their importance in family conversations.
MedPiper Technologies and JournoMed are conducting a Webinar on Know Dementia, Know Alzheimer’s- World’s Alzheimer’s Awareness Month in association with the Indian Association of Private Psychiatry (IAPP), Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Society of India (ARDSI) Mumbai Chapter, Smriti Vishvam: Universe of Memory, Instaclinik and JournoMed. The Webinar’s theme is “Remember those who cannot remember.” The Webinar will address the topics of World’s Alzheimer’s Awareness month, Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease importance and the support for dementia patients’ post-diagnosis. The event will be held on 29th September, Thursday at 8 pm. Participants can register here and they will receive e-certificates. After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. For more details contact Soumya at email@example.com / 9080078447
- Know Alzheimer’s, Know Dementia
- Significance of Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- How to help memory during the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease?
- How does one reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s?
- Ms Vidya Shenoy, a Secretary General at Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Society of India. Honorary Secretary at ARDSI Mumbai Chapter, Steering Committee Member at Dementia Alliance International, Panel Member of Maharashtra State Mental Health Authority (MSMHA), Founder of Smriti Vishvam: Universe of Memory, Dementia Daycare Centre in Mumbai
- Dr Avinash De Sousa, a Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist, Honorary Secretary General at the Indian Association of Private Psychiatry
This webinar will explore how to support dementia patients’ post-diagnosis, experiences of people surviving Dementia, Alzheimer’s etc.