The drug is prescribed for the treatment of chronic heart failure and angina (decreased cardiac blood flow causing chest discomfort).
IUPAC Name: 3-[3-[[(7S)-3,4-dimethoxy-7-bicyclo [4.2.0] octa-1,3,5-trienyl] methyl-methyl amino] propyl]-7,8-dimethoxy-2,5-dihydro-1H-3-benzazepine-4-one
Route of Administration: Oral
This is a prescribed drug and not an OTC Drug
Drug Action Mechanism
This medication works wonders by reducing the heart’s workload by lowering the heart rate, which enables the heart to pump more blood through the body with each beat.
Fast Heart rate, dizziness, chest discomfort, lightheadedness, fatigue, and shortness of breath, might be the side effects.
Before using this medication, take the following precautions and notify a doctor:
- If the person is allergic to the drug or other anti-anginal drugs, or if the person has other allergies,
- If the person is taking any other medication (prescribed, non-prescribed, or herbal medications),
- If the person has or ever had a heart attack or other cardiac disease (such as sick sinus syndrome), hypotension (low blood pressure), hepatic disease, renal issues,
- If the person has undergone any type of surgery i.e., eye or ear surgery,
- While taking this medication, limit alcohol usage since it increases the chances of developing blurred vision, dizziness, or drowsiness. It may also cause a loss of alertness.
- Avoid abruptly discontinuing this medication without consulting the doctor.
- The adverse effects of this medication may affect elder people more severely.
- Use of this medication is not recommended during pregnancy.
- Consult a doctor if the person is breastfeeding.