The year 2020 was the time when the world realized the importance of Anaesthesiologists and their contributions. But while Anaesthesiologists were under the spotlight it was also the time they were forced to turn a deaf ear to the developing aspects of the science. They have been so engrossed in saving lives that education and updating have taken a back seat. No need to look any further!
Indian society for Anaesthesiologists, Thrissur city branch, in association with MedPiper Technologies and digital healthcare partner JournoMed is organising ACT 2021 on the 10th of October 2021 on a virtual platform. Interested participants can book their slots here. This is the chance to put forward research, innovations and unique manifestations. ISA Thrissur City Branch is inviting abstracts for the Paper and E-poster competition from Post-Graduates to be submitted via email to email@example.com latest by the 23rd of September. The guidelines and rules are as given below:
Post Graduate Paper Competition Guidelines
- The stipulated time for pre-recorded presentation will be 6 mins. followed by Q & A/discussion 2 mins live.
- The presenting author must be a Life Member / Associate Life Member of the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists. Mention the membership number when submitting the abstract.
- Abstract as per prescribed rules and regulations should be submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract submission till 28th September midnight on the email.
- Acceptance will be informed by 1st October midnight by email.
- Pre-recorded presentation of 6 mins to be submitted by 1st October midnight.
- Proper internet connection during Q&A session is the presenter’s responsibility.
- Organising team will not take the responsibility of disruption in internet connection on the participant’s side.
Rules for Paper Presentation
Rules for submission of abstract and presentation are as follows:
Participants should include a bonafide certificate from the HOD stating purpose as participation in ACT 2021
- All abstracts must be submitted in English, font Times New Roman, size 12
- Abstract title to be limited to 20 words in BOLD UPPER CASE
- Abstract text to be limited to 200 words with single line spacing and is to be structured as given below
- Objectives: State the main objective of the study.
- Materials and methods: Briefly describe the setting, design of the study, how it was conducted, and the method of analysis used.
- Results: Present the main results with appropriate statistics.
- Conclusion: Limit the conclusions to those that are directly supported by the results.
- Do not include tables graphs and images in the abstract
The presenting author’s name must be highlighted, and the presenting author’s full name, institution, phone number and e-mail address must be provided. Email address is mandatory as all further communications will be done via email.
- Presenting author must be registered for the conference and the registration number mentioned when submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or previously presented at a conference. Please send a signed undertaking stating this clearly when the abstract is submitted.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the contents of the abstract before submission.
- Presenting author will be informed of the status of the abstract by email. The scientific committee has the right to decide the mode (paper or poster) and accept or reject any presentation after peer review. The decision of the committee will be final.
- The abstract would be scored on the following criteria: scientific merit of the abstract, adequate sample size, proper statistical analysis, adherence to instructions and originality of work.
- Paper presentation 6 mins presentation + 2 minutes discussion moderated by the judges.
- Slides should be compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint 2003-2010. The fonts should be clearly visible on a clear background
Post Graduate E-poster presentation guidelines:
The subject can be a case report, a case series or any research article. The presentation should be a single slide PPT presentation (E-Poster)
- The stipulated time for e-poster presentation is 4 mins followed by Q&A/discussion 1 mins.
- The format upon which the e-poster (single slide) has to be prepared is given below (changes as per one’s requirement):
It should be a pre-recorded presentation of 4 mins. With live Q&A session 1 mins.
Title (Research Article / Case Series / Case Report) with Name of Author, ISA No., Name of Institute
The abstract should be structured as follows:
- References (not > 4)
Rules for Poster Presentation
- Participant must be Life Member / Associate Life Member of ISA.
- Previously presented Poster at any other conference will not be accepted
- Abstract of Poster should be sent to email@example.com
- The abstract should be limited to 200 words.
- Decision of the Scientific Committee will be final.
- Ensuring uninterrupted internet during Q&A session is the responsibility of the participant.
- Last date of submission: 28th September 2021
- Last date of acceptance: 1st October 2021
- Last date Submission of pre-recorded poster presentation of 4 mins: 6th October 2021
For more details, participants may contact Soumya T.S at firstname.lastname@example.org/9080078447.